Fulbright’s postdoctoral and early career awards present an excellent opportunity for recently minted scholars to deepen their expertise, acquire new skills, work with additional resources and make connections with leading scholars in their fields. These awards are open to U.S. scholars who have recently completed their doctoral degree – typically within the five previous years. Scholars are eligible to apply if they will complete the requirements for their doctoral degree by February 1, 2019, unless otherwise specified in the award description.
Resources and Contact us
CIES offers a series of resources providing detailed information on many aspects of the Fulbright Scholar Program opportunities. Depending on your interests, you can find a wealth of answers to your specific questions in our upcoming and archived webinars
The Fulbright Scholar Program hosts frequent webinars about Fulbright awards, the application process, programs offered and more. Sessions are archived weekly.
- Fulbright U.S. Scholar Grants for Postdoctoral and Early Career Applicants Webinar (May 24, 2019 - 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm EDT)
- Spotlight on Israel: Fulbright U.S. Scholar Opportunities Webinar (April 25, 2019 - 11:00 am to 12:00 pm EDT)
- Spotlight on Brazil: Fulbright U.S. Scholar Opportunities Webinar (March 2, 2019 - 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm EDT)
- Past Fulbright recipients of postdoctoral awards
- Impacts of Increasing Temperatures on Ecohydrology Along a Gradient of Elevation in the Jordan River, Israel, 2017-18
- A Novel Device for Sequencing Proteins, Spain, 2017-18
- From Cesareans to Zika: Historicizing Reproductive Health, Brazil, 2017-18
- The New Silk Road: Innovative Applications for an Ancient Material, Italy, 2017-18
- Understanding the Impact of Climate and Disturbance on Moose Survival, Canada, 2017-18
- Proyecto Fotovoz: Sign Language, Deaf Education, and the Medicalization of Deafness in Mexico City, Mexico, 2017-18
- Preventing Bone Loss Among Individuals with HIV in China, China, 2017-18
Complete information on past Fulbright recipients can be found in the Scholar Directory.
- Presentation and Workshop Schedule - CIES program staff continue to visit university and college campuses countrywide, as well as participate in a range of conferences in the sciences. Please check the schedule to find out when program staff will be at an event near you. If you are interested in having CIES staff visit your campus and speak with department faculty about opportunities in your field, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Fulbright U.S. Scholar postdoctoral awards open to early career scholars, please contact the program staff in the Catalog of Awards