- Associate Professor, Communication; Director, Center for Civic Engagement
- University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Lecturing: People, Passion and Politics: Teaching and Learning in Tirana Albania
- Marin Barleti University, Tirana, Albania
- September 2012 - February 2013
- Fulbright Presentation (.PDF)
- Curriculum Vitae (.PDF)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christina Standerfer (PhD, University of Colorado) is an Associate Professor of Communication at the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service. Standerfer served as a 2012-13 Fulbright Scholar at University Marin Barleti in Tirana, Albania. During her time in Albania, she worked with UN Women and the US Embassy delivering workshops and reports on public speaking, policy debate, conflict transformation, and effective advocacy.
Christina has over 20 years’ experience developing and presenting workshops, research, and reports on volunteer recruitment, community capacity building, networking, and effective communication skills. She has collaborated with over 30 non-profit and governmental organizations designing workshops and community meetings. Christina facilitated over 20 community meetings on issues of homeless populations, racial and ethnic tensions, immigration, and building healthy communities.
In addition, Christina has produced and delivered over 20 written reports to non-profit and governmental agencies related to need assessments, evaluations, and recommendations. She has also published articles on nonprofit accountability, the changing nature of civil society, and the importance of understanding the role of public discourse in facilitating social justice. Standerfer is committed to civil discourse and promoting civic engagement among all citizens.