Fields Commonly Requiring Supplemental Materials
- ARCHITECTURE AND CITY PLANNING
- ART: DIGITAL, MIXED MEDIA, PAINTING, PHOTOGRAPHY, SCULPTURE, OTHER
- FILM STUDIES
- MEDIA ARTS
- MUSIC: COMPOSITION, PERFORMANCE, OTHER
- THEATER ARTS
- WRITING: CREATIVE (FICTION & NON-FICTION), POETRY, JOURNALISM, OTHER
Note: Candidates in the above disciplines who are NOT submitting supplemental materials must send a memo to the appropriate CIES program staff outlining the reasons for not doing so. Applications that lack supplemental materials, yet do not include a reason for their absence, may be negatively affected in the review process.
Guidelines for Submitting Supplemental Materials
Supplemental materials will be directly uploaded into the online application system and assigned to your application after submission. Please click here for further instructions and to complete the upload of materials.
You may only upload one file per application. You must compress all of your materials into a single .Zip file that cannot exceed 500 MB total. The .Zip file must end with a .ZIP extension. Materials may be submitted in one or more of the following formats.
For images, pictures and graphics:
- Format all images, pictures and graphics into JPEG or BPM files
- No more than 10 images
For video and movie clips:
- Format all movie and video clips into MOV, AVI or MPEG files
For sound and music clips:
- Format all sound and music clips into MP3 files
For writing samples:
- Format all writing samples in PDF files
- No more than 20 pages