Please ensure your curriculum vitae or resume:
- Is tailored
- Includes a detailed publications list
- Does not exceed 6 pages (8 pages for the Distinguished Chair awards)
- Includes an employment history
Please ensure your publications list:
- Lists all publications chronologically starting with the most recent.
- Is separated into refereed from un-refereed publications.
Please submit two or three course syllabi or sample course outlines relevant to your planned grant activity.
- The syllabi should be designed by you and expressive of your philosophy of teaching.
- Indicate whether they have been used previously or have been developed for your application.
- All syllabi submitted for one application may not exceed 10 pages total.
Please attach a bibliography relevant to your proposed project.
- It should reflect the current state of research on the proposed topic.
- It should not exceed 3 pages.
Candidates who are applying for an award in one of the following categories but are NOT submitting supplemental materials must submit a memo to the appropriate CIES program staff member outlining the reasons supplemental materials will not be submitted. Applications that lack supplemental materials and do not include a reason for their absence may be negatively affected in the review process.
FIELDS COMMONLY REQUIRING SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS
Supplemental materials will be considered in the review of applications for the following disciplines.
- ARCHITECTURE AND CITY PLANNING
- ART: DIGITAL, MIXED MEDIA, PAINTING, PHOTOGRAPHY, SCULPTURE, OTHER
- FILM STUDIES
- MEDIA ARTS
- MUSIC: COMPOSITION, PERFORMANCE, OTHER
- THEATER ARTS
- WRITING: CREATIVE (FICTION & NON-FICTION), POETRY, PROFESSION JOURNALISM, OTHER
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS
Supplemental materials will be directly uploaded into our online application system and assigned to your application after completion. Please click here for further instructions and to complete the upload of materials.
You may only upload one file per application, so you must compress all of your materials into a single .Zip file that cannot exceed 500 MB total. The .Zip file must end with a .ZIP extension. Materials may be submitted in one or more of the following formats.
For images, pictures and graphics:
- Format all images, pictures and graphics into JPEG or BPM files
- No more than 10 images
For video and movie clips:
- Format all movie and video clips into MOV, AVI or MPEG files
For sound and music clips:
- Format all sound and music clips into MP3 files
For writing samples:
- Format all writing samples in PDF files
- No more than 20 pages