Fulbright Postdoctoral/Early Career Grants
Application Deadline: January 15, 2015
The Fulbright Program is eager to engage postdoctoral and early career academics, offering opportunities in a range of countries and fields.
Postdoctoral/early career grants are open to U.S. scholars who have recently completed their doctoral degrees – typically within the five previous years. The number of such Fulbright Scholar awards has grown, particularly for research activities. A few awards include teaching opportunities as well. Postdoctoral awards are available in STEM fields, the arts, humanities and social sciences. These grants present an excellent opportunity for recently minted scholars to deepen their expertise, to acquire new skills, to work with additional resources and to make connections with others in their fields.
Scholars will be expected to engage with graduate students in the host country and to be involved with host university training in cutting edge research in their specializations. In addition to their primary research or teaching activities, grantees will be asked to give public talks, mentor students, and otherwise engage with the host country academic community.
Grantees without institutional affiliation in U.S. may be eligible to apply for $2,500 funding to attend a professional conference.
In order to better accommodate the interests and commitments of early career scholars, the Fulbright Program is offering an additional application cycle with a later deadline for a select number of 2015-2016 postdoctoral awards. The following awards are accepting applications until January 15, 2015:
- Belgium - Award #5548 (Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award: Belgium, EORTC)
- Brazil - Award #5551 (Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award in Humanities, Social Sciences, Letters, Linguistics and Arts)
- Canada - Award #5543 (Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award in Preventive Health)
- Canada - Award #5544 (Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award in Technology, Industry and the Environment)
- Canada - Award #5545 (Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award in Northern Issues)
- European Union - Award #5547 (Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award: European Union, EUI (Florence)
- France - Award #5552 (Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award: France, EHESS)
- France - Award #5546 (Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award: France, Nord Pas de Calais)
- Korea - Award #5549 (Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award: United States-Korea Alliance Studies)
- Taiwan - Award #5550 (Fulbright Postdoctoral Scholar Award: Arts, Education, Humanities, Professional Fields and Social Sciences)
The core Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program competition for 2016-2017 will open in February 2015 and will include additional opportunities for postdoctoral and early career scholars.