The Commission for Educational Exchange between the United States and Colombia
In April 2013, the Commission for Educational Exchange between the United States and Colombia will host the Fulbright NEXUS midterm meeting in Bogotá, Colombia.
- To promote intercultural knowledge, mutual understanding and scientific and research cooperation between the U.S. and Colombia through academic exchange programs that benefit bi-national relations and Colombian development goals.
- The network of over 3,700 Fulbrighters in both countries includes political and business leaders, scientists, educators and artists. Current Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos and 3 members of his cabinet are former grantees. In the past 5 years, over 50% of the grantees came from every region of Colombia.
- About 150 professionals are awarded grants each year for pursuing graduate studies, research and teaching in the United States and Colombia.
- Fulbright Colombia ranks fifth in the world in terms of the number of scholarships available for Colombian students to pursue graduate studies in the U.S.
- Ranked at #21, Colombia is among the top 25 countries sending the most students to the U.S.
- 6,456 Colombian students were studying in the U.S. in 2011.
- The top 5 U.S. destinations for Colombian students are California, New York, Texas, Massachusetts, and Illinois.
For more information on Fulbright Colombia, please visit: www.fulbright.edu.co
Facebook: Fulbright Colombia