There are approximately 2,600 designated Fulbright representatives on college and university campuses throughout the United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico for the Fulbright Program for Faculty and Professionals. This network of committed individuals is crucial to the promotion of the Fulbright Program to the U.S. higher education community.
Throughout the year Fulbright Scholar Program representatives attend and offer information at a variety of professional and academic conferences. They also conduct Fulbright Scholar Workshops for faculty and campus representatives. Please take the opportunity to meet our representatives when they are in your area.
- Receive Fulbright publicity and recruitment materials from CIES throughout the year.
- Distribute the announcement of the annual U.S. competition for Fulbright awards on campus.
- Publicize the Fulbright Program in campus publications, listservs and Web sites.
- Publicize the names of faculty and administrators who receive Fulbright grants. A directory of recent participants in the U.S. scholar program may be accessed online.
- Organize campus workshops for faculty who are considering applying for the Fulbright Program.
- Encourage participation in the Scholar-in-Residence and Outreach Lecturing Funds. A directory of visiting scholars and their contact information may be accessed online.
- Alert the campus community to the presence of visiting Fulbright scholars.
Staff are available to visit institutions by invitation. Contact outreach if interested.
Questions, Comments, Suggestions
Contact Athena Fulay