Build Upon Your Fulbright Experience
The U.S. Department of State offers Fulbright scholars access to an online network of Fulbright alumni. The network is available at http://alumni.state.gov. The State Alumni web site is open to current and previous participants of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs – including the Fulbright Program.
Through the State Alumni web site, alumni can:
- Join the Fulbright alumni community
- Request a FulbrightMail.org email account (good for lifetime use)
- Network with thousands of alumni from diverse exchange programs representing all regions of the world
- Participate in Q&A Live discussions with experts on a variety of current issues
- Find grant and job opportunities
- Post your résumé, academic articles, or photos
- Access free academic journals, newspapers, and more
- Share your books, articles, multimedia or blogs in the Fulbright Library
- Develop plans for your alumni association, or find an association to join
- Share your experience with a global audience
- Read alumni success stories, perspectives and ideas
ExchangesConnect is a growing global community of people interested in cross-cultural dialogue and international exchange. It is open to anyone who wishes to join, and its purpose is to form an online community of individuals dedicated to building bridges among cultures and making a positive contribution to the world. There are several affinity groups within ExchangesConnect, including one for the Fulbright Program. It is particularly useful in helping prospective candidates learn more about the Fulbright Program.
Register for ExchangesConnect at http://connect.state.gov/main/authorization/signUp. Once you’ve been notified that your account has been activated, login to ExchangesConnect and navigate to the Fulbright Community on the home page, or go directly to http://connect.state.gov/group/fulbrightgroup if you’d like to join a Fulbright Discussion Group, post wall comments or browse other members.
Members can also click on My Page and add profile information, upload individual photos or albums, blogs and videos. Once you’ve created your profile, you can share it with others on other social networking sites such as Facebook, create an RSS feed or use your ExchangesConnect profile with applications such as Twitter, The JukeBox, etc. Explore the site by clicking on Forum, Members, Photos, Videos, Groups, Blogs and Contest to see what members are sharing and posting on ExchangesConnect. Through the site, you can:
- Connect with colleagues around the world by introducing yourself to the community, and getting to know thousands of people from more than 160 countries.
- Explore other cultures by participating in forum discussions and exchange ideas with people from other cultures.
- Watch videos about members’ countries, traditions, and arts.
- Share your international experience by posting photos and videos, or write a blog about your international experience. We encourage you to join the ExchangesConnect Fulbright Group and make the most of all of the site’s features.