In April 2013, the Commission for Educational Exchange between the United States and Colombia will host the Fulbright NEXUS midterm meeting in Bogotá, Colombia.
- To promote intercultural knowledge, mutual understanding and scientific and research cooperation between the U.S. and Colombia through academic exchange programs that benefit bi-national relations and Colombian development goals.
- The network of over 3,700 Fulbrighters in both countries includes political and business leaders, scientists, educators and artists. Current Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos and 3 members of his cabinet are former grantees. In the past 5 years, over 50% of the grantees came from every region of Colombia.
- About 150 professionals are awarded grants each year for pursuing graduate studies, research and teaching in the United States and Colombia.
- Fulbright Colombia ranks fifth in the world in terms of the number of scholarships available for Colombian students to pursue graduate studies in the U.S.
- Ranked at #21, Colombia is among the top 25 countries sending the most students to the U.S.
- 6,456 Colombian students were studying in the U.S. in 2011.
- The top 5 U.S. destinations for Colombian students are California, New York, Texas, Massachusetts, and Illinois.
For more information on Fulbright Colombia, please visit: www.fulbright.edu.co
Facebook: Fulbright Colombia