- Finalist Profile
- Program Funding
- Pre-program Activities
- Gender: 3 female; 17 male
- Age: mean: 28; range: 22-36
- Program is likely first experience for participants in primarily English-speaking country
- Highest degree earned:
Agriculture, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, English, Journalism, Medicine, Pashto Literature, Persian Literature
- To include: Administrative Costs, Program Costs, Enrichment Programming, Transportation, Housing.
- Budget proposal should not exceed $260,000, not including in-kind contributions.
- These items do not need to be included in budget proposal.
- All participants will be provided with secondary medical coverage for the duration of the grant period, as is required for J visa recipients.
- Participants will receive roundtrip international airfare from Afghanistan to the U.S., and to Washington, D.C. for final program evaluation and wrap-up.
- Participants will receive stipend payments directly from CIES at the start of the program.
In coordination with the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Embassy-Kabul will provide preparatory activities for the participants prior to their departure.